Unnamed Person: Total disclosure. I didn’t read the article. I’m not interested in Megan Kelly giving Putin a mic. But I think you go too far. American news media is not a joke. She may be. And IMO Fox is and some other parts of media. But to say the entire news media is a joke is a TOTAL overstatement. There are many many many excellent reporters and anchors on TV that are doing their best to give us accurate, honest and full reports on what is going on. Your broad brush does not contribute anything of substance to our citizenry. It just foments more stupidity. IMO.
The American version was censored to keep Americans from hearing what really happened.
Australia was more open, bur reserved. The worldwide services presented the whole story – warts and all.
The released DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) report makes the following summary points concerning “ISI” (in 2012 “Islamic State in Iraq,”) and the soon to emerge ISIS:
* Al-Qaeda drives the opposition in Syria
* The West identifies with the opposition
* The establishment of a nascent Islamic State became a reality only with the rise of the Syrian insurgency (there is no mention of U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq as a catalyst for Islamic State’s rise, which is the contention of innumerable politicians and pundits; see section 4.D. below)
* The establishment of a “Salafist Principality” in Eastern Syria is “exactly” what the external powers supporting the opposition want (identified as “the West, Gulf Countries, and Turkey”) in order to weaken the Assad government
* “Safe havens” are suggested in areas conquered by Islamic insurgents along the lines of the Libyan model (which translates to so-called no-fly zones as a first act of ‘humanitarian war’; see 7.B.)
* Iraq is identified with “Shia expansion” (8.C)
* A Sunni “Islamic State” could be devastating to “unifying Iraq” and could lead to “the renewing facilitation of terrorist elements from all over the Arab world entering into Iraqi Arena.”
“Obama knew that Nusra was his only hope for overthrowing Assad; and, so, he quietly decided to back them.
Al Qaeda in Syria has been absolutely central to America’s war-effort in Syria — it has provided not only America’s proxy ‘boots on the ground’ (which Obama backed up with American air power) but the leadership of America’s other proxy ‘boots on the ground’ in that war. (Since they were mere proxies, instead of actual U.S. troops, they also had the advantage for Obama, of the press not blaming the U.S. for their terror-acts. By quietly arming the jihadists, their mass-murders wouldn’t be blamed on Obama — especially because Obama himself condemned Nusra as being a «terrorist» organization. For American ‘news’ media, this put the necessary verbal distance between himself and what Nusra and the other jihadists did — which he quietly backed.)”